|Donation Drive Headed by TheBattalion.TV|
It was during his ride out with Mexicali Fire that Furtado discovered there was more to do that showcase the work of Mexicali Firefighters--they were working in unsafe conditions and were in desperate need of basic firefighting equipment.
Furtado found that if firefighters could not afford to buy their own gear, they didn't have it. Firefighters were working with holes in their boots and less than safe bunker gear. Even some pre-connected fire attack lines on the engines did not have nozzles.
So Furtado stepped up and created a nationwide drive to acquire donated gear from departments across America so that Mexicali Firefighters could do their job safely. His efforts yielded donations from the following organizations:
- 35 sets donated by Westampton Township Emergency Services in Westampton New Jersey
- 15 sets of bunker gear donated by Prince Georges County Fire and EMS
- 50 sets of gear from Vince Moffitt from Farmington Colorado
- 21 Sets of gear from the FOOLS Organization and they are continuing the drive.
- 50 sets from Chestermiere Fire Service from Chestermere, AB, Canada