Saturday, January 7, 2012

Remembering our Fallen Law Enforcement of 9/11

9/11 Police Design to be Released
Even though the firefighter founded 9/11 Patch Project created a patch that honors fire-police-military in 2006, it is time to release a decal and patch that solely honors the police officers that lost their lives on 9/11.

Here is a first look at the design that still needs some touching up before being formally released in a week or so.

The NYPD's loss of 23 officers and the PAPD's loss of 37 officers is equally as tragic and significant  as the loss of 343 FDNY Firefighters--at least that's the point that I, as a former firefighter/paramedic, wants to make to the world.

The FDNY is an incredible organization that bravely risks their lives on a day-to-day basis and I have a very deep eternal respect for them. But, I also share that same respect and admiration for the NYPD and PAPD who ran into the WTC's, alongside firefighters, to rescue victims on that horrible day in American history.

Even though the ""3-Heroes 9/11 Patch," that was released in 2006 was meant to honor all 1st Responders, it made sense to me to take the steps to go on and create the 9/11 EMT design and the 9/11 Police design.

I know exactly what our nation's law enforcement does as I worked alongside them for over 20 years. We ran emergency calls together--stayed up all night on incidents together--ate together--went to off duty events together--and most important, we risked it all together, daily!

I am interested in your thoughts on the design and whether some of our law enforcement agencies out there would like to see this design in the form of a uniform patch. Please let me know by emailing me here: BRETT HILL

No comments:

Post a Comment